At what point would you recommend divorce for a married couple?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.652955
Referral Credit
I live in a very conservative society that completely frowns at divorce. If you dare divorce, you are seen as a bad person and shunned by society. That's why people strive to stay in marriages in my place not withstanding if the marriages are working or not.

At what point do you think you can stop working out a marriage or advise someone to stop working it out?

Divorce is not kegalized in my county. Churches opposed the idea of breaking the marriage with the law leaving the children in trauma and depression, but if marriage goes wrong because of betrayal it's better to part ways to have peace of mind and move on. I recommend divorce.

We have had cases of so many people that have died because they chose to stay in a marriage that wasn't worth it any longer. I recommend divorce if you have fallen out of love with your spouse. Everyone deserves happiness. And also, in the situation where a partner is abused, divorce is in line.

Legalization of divorce if fully implemented could end the emotional suffering and struggle between the husband and the wife. There's no use living together if love faded and harmony is unrepairable. Divorce is the answer to start a new life and love.

Divorce isn't good at least it doesn't augur well for the wellbeing of the kids. But if there's threat to life and a partner is confirmed to be violent then separation should be advised for a start
There are no martyrs this time and suffering may feel forever if won't decide to part ways through divorce. At first it hurts when remembering the sweet memories but when pain prevails better end the marriage legally.

There are no martyrs this time and suffering may feel forever if won't decide to part ways through divorce. At first it hurts when remembering the sweet memories but when pain prevails better end the marriage legally.
Yes no need remaining in a violence filled marriage. if it is no longer working. it is better to take a walk.

Yes no need remaining in a violence filled marriage. if it is no longer working. it is better to take a walk.
There's no reason to live without love. Love is the reason why marry but when Iove dies because of betrayal there's no reason to torture the self and carry the agony and insult that seem eternal.

There's no reason to live without love. Love is the reason why marry but when Iove dies because of betrayal there's no reason to torture the self and carry the agony and insult that seem eternal.
Definitely, no need living in disdain and resentment. if the other partner is no longer being loving calling it a day would be the best

Definitely, no need living in disdain and resentment. if the other partner is no longer being loving calling it a day would be the best
It's painful but the more pain to endure if not practical and realistic. Why stay under one roof with a partner whose love is gone. It's not easy to feel and think of the separation. But it's the best option for we deserve to live in peace.

Once marriage degenerated to violence, i will support the couples goes their seperate ways. Secondly, when there is infidelity and lack of trust, it is advisable to consider divorce. A lot of marriage is not working and most women are there because of their children and church.

I live in a very conservative society that completely frowns at divorce. If you dare divorce, you are seen as a bad person and shunned by society. That's why people strive to stay in marriages in my place not withstanding if the marriages are working or not.

At what point do you think you can stop working out a marriage or advise someone to stop working it out?
Divorce has been legalized in our country but yet couples think twice before taking a divorce. However when a couple finds that they are not able to adjust with one another's personality or ways, they are feeling suffocated in each other's company they should go for a divorce.

It's painful but the more pain to endure if not practical and realistic. Why stay under one roof with a partner whose love is gone. It's not easy to feel and think of the separation. But it's the best option for we deserve to live in peace.
I'm with you on this, people need to know when to quit a marriage it should not get to the point of affecting ones mental health.

I'm with you on this, people need to know when to quit a marriage it should not get to the point of affecting ones mental health.
We deserve happiness and a peaceful life. There is no reason to be a martyr of dead love. Those who keep mum on their fate are weak. They have to rise and fight for their own happiness through divorcing a partner whose love turned sour.

Over here too, the issue of divorce is also seen as a taboo of some sort. People tend to try their best to remain so as not to be mocked or laughed at. Though i would never advice anyone to go for a divorce but in a situation where your life is at sake i think it is better to be laughed at than be dead.

Divorce has been legalized in our country but yet couples think twice before taking a divorce. However when a couple finds that they are not able to adjust with one another's personality or ways, they are feeling suffocated in each other's company they should go for a divorce.
Divorce is the answer to stop the issues of the gap in communication because each other's feelings disappear like smoke. There is no reason to continue living under one roof if there is always a war between the wife and the husband causing trouble for the children.

We deserve happiness and a peaceful life. There is no reason to be a martyr of dead love. Those who keep mum on their fate are weak. They have to rise and fight for their own happiness through divorcing a partner whose love turned sour.
Definitely, if the marriage is no longer working and love has gone out through the window you just have to let go for your peace of mind. it is better to leave and find love all over again.

Definitely, if the marriage is no longer working and love has gone out through the window you just have to let go for your peace of mind. it is better to leave and find love all over again.
That is true and to heal the misery is love itself. Find another love and make sure that marriage will not go astray or won't go wrong. Life is also what we make it.

Only the people in the relationship are the best ones to decide whether they should go for a divorce or not. As an outsider, I won't be in a position to judge their relationship or to give any advice. But personally, I feel that once it becomes abusive ( silent abuses included) and you feel that it can not be worked out without hampering your dignity and self love, it's time to walk out of it.

Divorce is the answer to stop the issues of the gap in communication because each other's feelings disappear like smoke. There is no reason to continue living under one roof if there is always a war between the wife and the husband causing trouble for the children.
Communication gap is not taken as an issue in India, especially when the couple have children. The mother gives all her attention to her children and communicates very less with her husband. The husband doesn't grudge this because he knows his wife is caring for his children who will look after them when they are old.

13,176Threads
98,912Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member