At what point would you recommend divorce for a married couple?

I totally agree. Marriage involves more than just two individuals in the relationship. Two families are involved and one should put all the efforts to make it work. Children go through the worst trauma if it's a broken home. But at times, it's better for everyone to not carry it like a burden. Some relationships are beyond repair and can be really toxic. It's better for everyone including children if it is called off
That's true. In India therefore the court takes long to decide a divorce as it has to weigh a lot of pros and cons related to the extended family.
Post automatically merged:

I am not an expert in the field of marriage, in my country someone who is going to divorce will be given difficulty and given time until there is peace and harmony between husband and wife. But personally, in my opinion, divorce should still be carried out if one of the partners commits infidelity or has an affair/intimate relationship with another person.
You are right. Infidels destroy the sanctity of marriage. Infidelity has no place in marriage.

That's true. In India therefore the court takes long to decide a divorce as it has to weigh a lot of pros and cons related to the extended family.
Post automatically merged:

You are right. Infidels destroy the sanctity of marriage. Infidelity has no place in marriage.
Our Indian society is still a very traditional one and I would say that there are benefits to it too. We still have a strong belief in the institution of marriage. And it involves two families and so many lives. Also, it's considered a pious union of souls. It's good that courts give sufficient time to settle down and weigh everything. People at times go for a hasty decision to call off a marriage. But if there are serious concerns like domestic abuse, mental torture, infidelity etc, divorce should be granted soon. These situations are actually a curse and no one should suffer in a marriage like that.

There is one case is that you should divorce your partner if he is someone who resolves problem by violence as one time you go to the hospital and one time you go to the other life, some men's attitude is that attitude doesn't know how to solve problems by talking to the wife but just use any kind of violence against her.

That's true. Both partners have to understand each others needs. When anyone becomes insensible marriage fails. On the other hand when a family is not just husband and wife and has children and parents there has to some adjustment and not think selfishly.
That's right, marriage is pretty much about both parties coming to understand each other. When it comes to marriage both parties have to make lots of sacrifices and let go of certain things if not it would fail.

For me, when you have fallen out of love with a person, it is better to divorce the person and let the person go. That would avoid unnecessary flights because when you are out of love with the person, it frequently leads to fights and conflicts.

Divorce affects the children's emotions. They will feel depressed and raise many questions about why their parents ended their marriage. In my opinion, divorcing a wife or a husband does not guarantee a peaceful life because the kids will keep finding their mom or dad.

There is no space for violence or any sort of abuse in a relationship. One has to nip it off at budding stage before it becomes a frequent thing. So, it's important to have your communication channel open and talk about anything unpleasant at the beginning stage. Many couples tend to ignore it in the beginning and then slowly the things become frequent and the relationship goes South to the verge of getting divorced. Repair any damage before it deepens

Meanwhile, I might seek divorce when the family relationship is unhealthy, there is a lot of violence, my husband is irresponsible, and the most important thing is that I no longer have the strength to endure it.

I was in a relationship and it turned out that I started resentment for the lady because of her character and decisions. So much resentment that I used to get angry at her presence. Does it mean I have to continue the relationship if it was a marriage situation?
I always say that divorce is okay if the partners don't feel comfortable with themselves again.
Well this is why dating is recommended. you need to be sure of the person you want to get married to before going ahead.

I was in a relationship and it turned out that I started resentment for the lady because of her character and decisions. So much resentment that I used to get angry at her presence. Does it mean I have to continue the relationship if it was a marriage situation?
I always say that divorce is okay if the partners don't feel comfortable with themselves again.
Yest if you don't saa any future on the relationship, and if you think that the relation is going another way and if it makes you unhappy then its better to end it, personally i don't like divorce but some things will force you to consider it.

Divorce affects the children's emotions. They will feel depressed and raise many questions about why their parents ended their marriage. In my opinion, divorcing a wife or a husband does not guarantee a peaceful life because the kids will keep finding their mom or dad.
It is better to divorce than raise kids in a very toxic environment. There are some kids I see and I just pity their future because their parents hardly go a day without quarrelling for the whole neighborhood to hear. Would those kids not be better off raised by single parents?

It is better to divorce than raise kids in a very toxic environment. There are some kids I see and I just pity their future because their parents hardly go a day without quarrelling for the whole neighborhood to hear. Would those kids not be better off raised by single parents?
It is not easy ti raise kids, my niece married at the young age of 18, got pregnant at 17, and has now three kids, Thankfully, her husband supported her, and they are now residents in the UK. My niece is a nurse and so is her husband. They worked out their marriage because of their lovely kids.

Regulating a marriage is very difficult for any court. We are adults and the
court can't enforce such a law.
I wasn't talking about courts enforcing such regulations on abusers, but rather the victims themselves enforcing their rules against their abusers, by either fight or flight. The abuser must not be given what they want as a reward for their abusive behavior, or they will continue it.

I wasn't talking about courts enforcing such regulations on abusers, but rather the victims themselves enforcing their rules against their abusers, by either fight or flight. The abuser must not be given what they want as a reward for their abusive behavior, or they will continue it.
Before anyone fights for us, we have to protest against a abuser. When a abuser finds opposition he/she will know that his/her nonsense will not be tolerated.

I think that the world has changed a lot and there cannot be a marriage like 50 years ago when they had to be married even though no one loved anyone. It seems to me that even if you no longer feel those feelings, you have the right to divorce
People refuse this because they think why they did not divorce on the beginning and will has negative impact more than someone divorce after 3 years of the marriage or even 5 years.

Divorce is not kegalized in my county. Churches opposed the idea of breaking the marriage with the law leaving the children in trauma and depression, but if marriage goes wrong because of betrayal it's better to part ways to have peace of mind and move on. I recommend divorce.

I think divorce can be a good option if a relationship becomes unhealthy. Sometimes, one partner may be experiencing abuse and feel powerless to change the situation. When there are children involved, it is essential to try to work together as parents (co-parent) even if the romantic relationship ends.

I think divorce can be a good option if a relationship becomes unhealthy. Sometimes, one partner may be experiencing abuse and feel powerless to change the situation. When there are children involved, it is essential to try to work together as parents (co-parent) even if the romantic relationship ends.
It is not always true. Sometimes the interfere of parents in the private life of a couple makes the relationship unhealthy. So they need to place their problems outside to be repeated to their parents.

13,176Threads
98,912Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member