Contents of the box were chop woods not laptop ordered online

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵6.881600
Referral Credit
One Filipina young lady ordered a laptop online worth 29,000 ( $600 more or less) but the contents of the box were chopped woods and well - plastered to avoid suspicion.

The victim approached the TV station this day to have The incident be put on news to alarm the entire populace of the country.

This case was turned over to the National Bureau of Investigation {NBI) and to the National Police Commission. The seller suspect is now apprehended. The name of the suspect is on hold while the investigation is still ongoing.

The suspect seller is put on hold in the office of the immigration and cancellation of his passport. The public is advised not to engage with online buying especially gadgets.

Last edited:
That's horrible, am a retailer that deals with mostly online customer, doing such fraudulent acts will not only ruin my business I have taken years to grow but will also ruin my reputation didn't the seller think about the consequences of his actions smh

That's horrible, am a retailer that deals with mostly online customer, doing such fraudulent acts will not only ruin my business I have taken years to grow but will also ruin my reputation didn't the seller think about the consequences of his actions smh
I pity the young lady she needs it for her studies as a working student. She saved money just to acquire a laptop only to be robbed in a broad daylight. What a thick face online seller. I want to see his face flash in TV hopefully tomorrow.

I can imagine what she must have felt after opening the box, things like this are the reasons why people are scared to order or purchase things online. This would not only affect the one person but even others who sell online.

Almost all people all over the country watched the news in TV and the box containing chopped woods was displayed. I remembered my order two pairs of Michael Kors Shoes only to see two plastic bottles gosh.

I don't order online because it seems that about 80% of online transactions ends in fraud. I can only order products from authority site like Amazon, konga, jumia and host of trusted sites.
It's scarry buying items online with an unknown sellers. I also learned a lesson not to buy items online again. I'm always a victim of scam online.

I don't order online because it seems that about 80% of online transactions ends in fraud. I can only order products from authority site like Amazon, konga, jumia and host of trusted sites.
If its' too good to be true, it usually is.

That said, I do a lot of ordering online (being disabled, I can't get out as much as in years past) and by and large I've never had a problem. YOu do your due diligence before ordering, stick with reputable sellers and read up on customer reviews.

I've heard similar horror stories before, just like the one you mentioned. People order gadgets online and end up receiving a box filled with worthless pieces of wood or stones instead. This kind of fraudulent activity harms the reputation of legitimate online sellers, making it difficult for people to trust online marketplaces. That's why I'm cautious about buying expensive gadgets online and prefer to acquire them from brick-and-mortar stores where I can check the product before making a purchase.

I've heard similar horror stories before, just like the one you mentioned. People order gadgets online and end up receiving a box filled with worthless pieces of wood or stones instead. This kind of fraudulent activity harms the reputation of legitimate online sellers, making it difficult for people to trust online marketplaces. That's why I'm cautious about buying expensive gadgets online and prefer to acquire them from brick-and-mortar stores where I can check the product before making a purchase.
My friend ordered a bag for her boyfriend online. The men's bag was priced at P 5,000 but to her dismay, the contents of the parcel were rags. It was also aired on TV. My friend complained to the NBI and the seller was arrested in Manila.

What an awful thing to do to people. Scammers always trying to be smart while hurting people. This is not funny if found guilty he should be jailed
These two scammers are now detained and are facing multiple crimes. They're a gang according to NBI. There gang members are still at large.

These two scammers are now detained and are facing multiple crimes. They're a gang according to NBI. There gang members are still at large.
Good that they have been arrested and detained. I hope they get severely punished so that it serves as a deterrent to others

Good that they have been arrested and detained. I hope they get severely punished so that it serves as a deterrent to others
The scammers were also sentenced to pay back the customer double and they will stay behind bars for 12 years. Many victims came out and testified they were also victims.

The scammers were also sentenced to pay back the customer double and they will stay behind bars for 12 years. Many victims came out and testified they were also victims.
That's good news. No dubious person should be spared their deserved punishment. I so dislike scamming activities

That's good news. No dubious person should be spared their deserved punishment. I so dislike scamming activities
They must not be spared from their crimes. They do not have pity. They are under the influence of drugs. They deserve a death sentence if only.

They must not be spared from their crimes. They do not have pity. They are under the influence of drugs. They deserve a death sentence if only.
I agree with you, criminals and dubious people should not be spared for their crime. They need to taught a lesson so that others can learn

I agree with you, criminals and dubious people should not be spared for their crime. They need to taught a lesson so that others can learn
We don't know if they're remorseful considering they're drug addicts. They might feel it once they're treated. It seems there's no cure for drug addicts.

We don't know if they're remorseful considering they're drug addicts. They might feel it once they're treated. It seems there's no cure for drug addicts.
Then they need to be thrown into the rehab and allow to stay there for a long time. People need to pay dearly for their intentional bad habit. Everyone knows that drug taking is bad

13,185Threads
98,966Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member