• We are deeply saddened by the tragic events at Donald Trump's rally today. Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Cultural factors and entrepreneurial success

Starmix

Master Debater
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.519800
Referral Credit
If you are new to entrepreneurship, you need to focus on your area before you expand nationwide. Despite living in the same country, there are places having different cultures that may affect your business. Never offer to a place whose culture evades the eating of pork. There are also places whose culture adopts only the eating of vegetables, meaning all are vegetarians. It is only an assumption to remind your instinct that not all have the same tastes, beliefs, and adaptations. Think of your business capital and the rejection that may happen in case you persist. Cultural factors have a profound impact on entrepreneurial success. Face risks, and adjust attitudes towards failure, it is better to avoid failure.

The best way is to gather a mini-survey of some respondents via social media sites like Facebook as to what people like and dislike in food, clothing, and others. Include all possible variables to have the accuracy of a one-time mini-survey. As soon as you have all the responses, that’s the time to explore your business. You can surely achieve success.

Last edited:
If you are new to entrepreneurship, you need to focus on your area before you expand nationwide. Despite living in the same country, but there are places having different cultures that may affect your business. Never offer to a place whose culture evades the eating of pork. There are also places whose culture adopts only the eating of vegetables, meaning all are vegetarians. It is only an assumption to remind your instinct that not all have the same tasks, beliefs, and adaptations. Think of your business capital and the rejection that may happen in case you persist. Cultural factors have a profound impact on entrepreneurial success. Face risks, and adjust attitudes towards failure, it is better to avoid failure.

The best way is to gather a mini-survey of some respondents via social media sites like Facebook as to what people like and dislike in food, clothing, and others. Include all possible variables to have the accuracy of a one-time mini-survey. As soon as you have all the responses, that’s the time to explore your business. You can surely achieve success.
Proper case study, knowledge of particular business, affordability, viability, are all the essential points to note & to be followed before starting a business... Quality, Service, Price , Time delivery are the important things are mandatory to maintain a good business whatever it may be... It is drafted in detail by @Starmix ...I hope this will be useful for all who are suppose to start or running business

Proper case study, knowledge of particular business, affordability, viability, are all the essential points to note & to be followed before starting a business... Quality, Service, Price , Time delivery are the important things are mandatory to maintain a good business whatever it may be... It is drafted in detail by @Starmix ...I hope this will be useful for all who are suppose to start or running business
Extra care and keen attention are a must once do business online or offline. It is always the primal duty of entrepreneurs to be extra careful to avoid failure Knowing the people's culture could boost the productivity of the goods and the satisfactory services. The satisfactory services offered by the business owners could be a factor in customer retention.

Extra care and keen attention are a must once do business online or offline. It is always the primal duty of entrepreneurs to be extra careful to avoid failure Knowing the people's culture could boost the productivity of the goods and the satisfactory services. The satisfactory services offered by the business owners could be a factor in customer retention.
I have seen some business people they don't care about some needs from customers.. They will not pay immediate attention to them ... What you said is noteworthy

I agree with your article. In our food business we have to sell menus that our Mindanaoan (people from the southern part of the Philippines) customers would patronise. Majority of our customers do not like celery while most dishes from the Northern part of the country use celery and other spices. We use cotton fruit for our soup but my neighbours and friends here do not like. We use ripe guava in Luzon for our shrimp broth but they don't do that here in Mindanao.

@Ebenz and @pinway, yes, you are all right, there are places in a particular country that do not have the same options in food and other things like clothing and veggies. And those business operators who do not care about the needs of the customers could never have customer retention.

@Ebenz and @pinway, yes, you are all right, there are places in a particular country that do not have the same options in food and other things like clothing and veggies. And those business operators who do not care about the needs of the customers could never have customer retention.
I agree your point & wish business operators should gain not only money but also customer's retention & reputation... It only speaks nowadays

I agree your point & wish business operators should gain not only money but also customer's retention & reputation... It only speaks nowadays
That is one way to gain the trust of business owners through understanding the culture of a place, in doing this, the more customers adhere to the offers of the business operators. It boosts customers' morale and boosts profits.

That is one way to gain the trust of business owners through understanding the culture of a place, in doing this, the more customers adhere to the offers of the business operators. It boosts customers' morale and boosts profits.
Exactly what you said is correct... Customer's mouth publicity , reviews will be a big impact to the business operators.

This is one reason why most business owners or young entrepreneurs today do not make sales or fail in their business. They simply rush into a startup simply because they see someone else do it and make profit from it. They fail to consider their geographical location as well. Does their current location have their target audience? What about the culture of the people around, would it have an effect on the long run? I think these are things we seriously need to consider before a business startup.

Exactly what you said is correct... Customer's mouth publicity , reviews will be a big impact to the business operators.
That's exactly a factor in gaining popularity from the people's sectors. They will spread the good news that there's a business that collaborates with the culture in a particular community. Reviews or feedback is essential to establish a continuity plan and reject the one not appealing to the people in the community.

This is one reason why most business owners or young entrepreneurs today do not make sales or fail in their business. They simply rush into a startup simply because they see someone else do it and make profit from it. They fail to consider their geographical location as well. Does their current location have their target audience? What about the culture of the people around, would it have an effect on the long run? I think these are things we seriously need to consider before a business startup.
That is why it is very important to make a feasibility study before starting a business. Most people are influenced by bandwagon effect and believes that what works for one will work for the other and that is not always true.

In my business, I did not make a feasibility study. It is because I know the culture of the people in the city where I live. If I will expand my business, I will conduct a mini survey regarding what people like and dislike in terms of the milk tea business.

In my business, I did not make a feasibility study. It is because I know the culture of the people in the city where I live. If I will expand my business, I will conduct a mini survey regarding what people like and dislike in terms of the milk tea business.
By doing a mini survey with a questionnaire we can assume the need & profit viability like that & all

By doing a mini survey with a questionnaire we can assume the need & profit viability like that & all
Exactly, we can get the correct and accurate responses from the target audience the respondents of our minisurvey. It helps attain our goals and mission.

Exactly, we can get the correct and accurate responses from the target audience the respondents of our minisurvey. It helps attain our goals and mission.

Conducting surveys may help. However, conducting surveys may not be that easy. You have to set your goals and create a specific kind of plan in case if you want to conduct surveys. There are many people who live in different countries with diverse culture. We have to keep this in mind.

Conducting surveys may help. However, conducting surveys may not be that easy. You have to set your goals and create a specific kind of plan in case if you want to conduct surveys. There are many people who live in different countries with diverse culture. We have to keep this in mind.
It is not hard to conduct surveys online. You just prepare the accurate survey questionnaire. You have to make sure that those questions answer your aims and goals, attainable and measurable.

Last edited:
You are right, business works better with cultures that are in consonance with it. customers would only patronise a business that is not a taboo to their culture. So one have to find this out before starting a business.
That is right, it is ot good to sell products not part of the community's culture. They will junk the offer and the business owner will suffer losses. Rhe owner must study first the culture of the people.

10,471Threads
84,014Messages
269Members
Revolved101Latest member
Back