• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Have you ever gotten any financial help from your family members?

Stardom22

Veteran Member
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.728888
Referral Credit
Nowadays most families don't assist each other on the financial support. When you are broke and ever asking for money from the family members they will treat you as a burden in my country. That's why most people run to the banks for loans.
What do you say?

Parents are paying all the expenses of their children usually till they are atleast 21, including education expenses, so the children are always obliged to their parents for the expenses they paid.

I actually get help occasionally from my family. My dad has rendered financial bail outs for me severally even as an adult. But the challenge is that it can lead to entitlement and make people not to work hard but he dependents.

Nowadays most families don't assist each other on the financial support. When you are broke and ever asking for money from the family members they will treat you as a burden in my country. That's why most people run to the banks for loans.
What do you say?
With God's grace my sister-in-law gave some financial help when my husband was sick. My elder son always helps me financial.

I get financial assistance from my family and also try to give same when family members are in need. I had to do a major surgery sometime ago and my family raised the money for the surgery and post surgery treatment.
You are a very lucky person and very few people have that advantage especially those who are alone in this world.

What do you say?
When I was living alone, I did receive financial support from my mother. She helped me pay rent.

It is true that many families don't help each other. Even when I was supported, I still felt like a burden. My dream is to achieve financial freedom so I can help others without making them feel like they are a burden.

When my mum was alive she helped me out sometimes but I always paid her back. I have a small family now so there is no one to help out but luckily I don't need it now.

It's therefore very great to be self independent on some basic related matters that really needs higher financial needs. Relying on the help to come up from our families can be very frustrating.
When my mum was alive she helped me out sometimes but I always paid her back. I have a small family now so there is no one to help out but luckily I don't need it now.
Post automatically merged:

I
I consider myself blessed to have supportive family members, particularly my mother's younger sister. I recall when I was still in college, she assisted me by providing me a monthly allowance.
lts very important to have the financial support from the members of family as it intensifies the family Bonding for a deep relationship.

I
I consider myself blessed to have supportive family members, particularly my mother's younger sister. I recall when I was still in college, she assisted me by providing me a monthly allowance.
lts very important to have the financial support from the members of family as it intensifies the family Bonding for a deep relationship.

I

I

I

I

Last edited:
12,079Threads
93,111Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member