Should you walk away from a marriage in which the partner is not financially intelligent? | Page 2 | Discussion Bucks

Should you walk away from a marriage in which the partner is not financially intelligent?

Well financial intelligence is necessary & essential but it is not enough for me to leave my partner after marriage because be it as it may i had an idea that she has some defects before marriage and i decided to carry on with it.

It is dicey. As far as the person is teachable and willing to learn, we can accommodate as they genuinely seek improvement.

I have a friend who has a wife that doesn't understand how to strategize financially and they have been married for five years now. The guy makes good money but has to be using his money to pay debts incurred by the wife in her own business. And the guy is not growing financially as time goes by. He should still marry the lady?
Yes, that's why we have the vow for better for worse. The worse is here you have to deal with it. So if you marry the next person and she is not a good home maker what do you do? would you divorce again?

Yes, that's why we have the vow for better for worse. The worse is here you have to deal with it. So if you marry the next person and she is not a good home maker what do you do? would you divorce again?
I don't say those stupid vows that doesn't make sense. I believe that people should not limit their lives to contain another person. I am a very practical person. If a lady doesn't have financial intelligence, I ain't marrying. If I marry before discovering that weakness, I would divorce for sure and take time to find another person.

I don't say those stupid vows that doesn't make sense. I believe that people should not limit their lives to contain another person. I am a very practical person. If a lady doesn't have financial intelligence, I ain't marrying. If I marry before discovering that weakness, I would divorce for sure and take time to find another person.
There's no way you would go to without taking the vows. So even if children are involved you just leave because of lack of financial intelligent. You need to take time now to get the right woman before venturing into marriage.

There's no way you would go to without taking the vows. So even if children are involved you just leave because of lack of financial intelligent. You need to take time now to get the right woman before venturing into marriage.
I am really taking my time. I dread poverty a lot and I wouldn't find it funny if a woman comes to drag me into it because of her financial recklessness.

I am really taking my time. I dread poverty a lot and I wouldn't find it funny if a woman comes to drag me into it because of her financial recklessness.
I understand your point clearly. Nobody would want to wallow in poverty but you still would need to preserve your family unit against all odds. So the time to get the right person is now that you are yet to take the vows