What makes people poor?

I think it's mostly geographical area. We all have under our eyes it's not the same thing to be born in Australia or Norway and to be born in Bolivia or in North Korea. In the first case, people are perceptibly favoured. Opportunities appear. In a country whose economy is broken, where opportunities don't appear, to be born in a poor family makes people poor. No money to pay for school force people to underpaid and strenuous jobs and that carries on poverty.

Poverty can be caused by factors such as a lack of education, limited job opportunities, systemic inequalities, and unfortunate circumstances.
I agree, they are potential factors why some people are poor. It is also not their fault. They are victims of circumstances. They need help to stand on their own feet.

If someone have disability, it can be hard for that kind of person to be rich. Another reason is that sometimes when someone is lazy, not ready to work, it results in being poor

If someone have disability, it can be hard for that kind of person to be rich. Another reason is that sometimes when someone is lazy, not ready to work, it results in being poor
Yes you're so right it's the fault of some people why live poor. They might be lazy or sickly. It's a circumstance that drives some people to live poor.

Yes you're so right it's the fault of some people why live poor. They might be lazy or sickly. It's a circumstance that drives some people to live poor.
Exactly, some people even prefer begging in the street instead of hustling for themselves, that's to see how lazy some people are.

Exactly, some people even prefer begging in the street instead of hustling for themselves, that's to see how lazy some people are.
Yes they are super duper and insanely lazy people wanting easy money. They don't like to labor. They have poor mind sets, uncultured.

Yes they are super duper and insanely lazy people wanting easy money. They don't like to labor. They have poor mind sets, uncultured.
That's why someone was asking me for someone online, and I told him that I can show him a way of earning some money online, like writing content, he told me it's too stressful.

That's why someone was asking me for someone online, and I told him that I can show him a way of earning some money online, like writing content, he told me it's too stressful.
That person is truly lazy. He always wants to eat and sleep and feel like nothing happens. He just likes to say come what may. They don't deserve help.

That person is truly lazy. He always wants to eat and sleep and feel like nothing happens. He just likes to say come what may. They don't deserve help.
All he wanted was, maybe he will just be sleeping and the money will just be coming in to his account. No stress. Is that possible?

Disability is often a burden, incompatible with whatever job, especially heavy physical and mental diseases. Lack of welfare in this or that country force families to support their disabled family member only counting on themselves. In such a condition, it's hard to get rid of poverty.

All he wanted was, maybe he will just be sleeping and the money will just be coming in to his account. No stress. Is that possible?
😆 There are people like that, lazy. He might need guidance or someone togide so he will be encouraged, if still does not have effect, so let him be. It's his life by the way.

Usually not, until he finds people with the disposition to support his lifestyle such as that. It could look like a fiction, but in the Western countries, unfortunately, such a disposition does exist. I tried to give advises to an online acquaintance because her husband was very eager to support his brother (and his mother's mate too) always starving because he couldn't suffer any job. She had found job opportunities for her brother-in-law, but he always abandoned whatever job, preferring to stay unemployed and supported by his brother. It happened in my former country, sad reality.

Last edited:
What makes people poor? Is it hereditary or extravagance? Does it mean if your parents are poor you will also follow in their footsteps to be poor? It seems psychological. I think what makes people poor is the will, the drive, the gut, and the power of the mind which they fail to realize and take action. Another possible reasons are lacking access to to basic services, education, and employment opportunities, All of these perpetuate poverty.
It is the poverty mentality. People whose parents are poor from the time they were born settle to be poor because they are poor and that will not change. That's poverty mentality. I was born poor, I will die poor - this is the reality for some. But I am seeing others who are thriving to live for the better and give their family the things they never had before.

Poverty will occur due to many factors such as countries that are always at war which can also cause poverty, minimum wages that do not meet living standards, education levels, increasing unemployment, corrupt governments, etc.
Yes, you're so right. What you cited were factors why there are people who were deprived with the quality of life. Even if there's no war factor, there are still many who suffer poverty.

Higher education also cannot guarantee someone a decent job and a good income, so they will remain poor, if entering the world of work requires connections. So even if you have a high education, it will be difficult to get a job.
Unfortunately, that's the sad reality in a lot of areas of my former countries (a colleague of mine in the social Quora said it's the most corrupted among the top tier countries and he is right), unless you study medicine. Such a corrupted path doesn't work among the doctors, but to study medicine is very expensive during the first 6 years and it's completely incompatible with whatever job, so usually students coming from a poor family don't study medicine.

Last edited:
In some countries if the leaders/officials are corrupt, dishonest and greedy, taking bribes, professionals and investors are often cheated, exploited ,robbed, do not get the income and opportunities they deserved

It is the poverty mentality. People whose parents are poor from the time they were born settle to be poor because they are poor and that will not change. That's poverty mentality. I was born poor, I will die poor - this is the reality for some. But I am seeing others who are thriving to live for the better and give their family the things they never had before.
If a person tolerates his environment being surrounded with negativity that there is no chance for him to elevate his poor life, then he will be poor forever If he has a gut, he must take action to change his life's financial situation by driving hard and think of a business that has a little capital and let it grow to have a bigger business sooner or later. There is nothing impossible under the heat of the sun.

12,039Threads
92,852Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member