Who financed your college education?

In recent years the Philippines had embarked on a free college education for those students who will enroll in state owned schools and provided subsidy for student enrolled in other government and private schools.

This time, there are many government owned colleges and universities providing free tuition almost all parts in the Philippines. Community colleges were created for the poor but deserving students.

That's good to hear. My graduate and post graduate studies were through scholarship program with allowance. It helped me achieved my goals. It's not easy. I also spend some through my salary.
You are a brilliant student and so got a scholarship. In India too it's very difficult to get a scholarship. However now the amount the government gives is not sufficient to cover the education expenses. Parents do have to spend quite a lot.

That is not a good example of a government wanting to corrupt the education of the nation's future leaders. In my country, there is a Commission on Audit ( COA) responsible for auditing nationwide for all government offices, colleges, and universities.

Well, the education system in our country is not that great. Unfortunately, this is a big problem in here. However, private colleges and institute have a far much better educational system in here. However, such kind of institutes are very expensive as well. So, not all the people could afford expensive education.

When i study public health in health college the college tuition fee was covered by my parents, and also my allowance and pocket money was covered by my aunt and uncle and also some times my parents give me additional money for some additional needs and shopping.

I never complained about grades. My only consolation is that I get better grades in subjects that most of the dean Listers have low grades lol.
It's an assurance that I can maintain my scholarship. There were teachers feeling high and mighty. There was one teacher I challenged for a debate with entrance fee but she didn't approve. She was scared to the bones. 😁

My college education was financed by my father from intermediate to postgraduation. He had his bad times but never stopped my education.
You surely have missed your dad, and was so happy being a fulfilled father to you. I also hope you enjoyed a big salary being a post-graduate employee.

You surely have missed your dad, and was so happy being a fulfilled father to you. I also hope you enjoyed a big salary being a post-graduate employee.
My father was always with me in my bad times as long as he lived. Where a big salary is concerned, then it's a no. We experienced job crisis that time and therefore didn't get a job before marriage. I got a government job after marriage that too when my sons were just babies and had to resign after 15 days. I therefore worked as a school teacher wherever my husband was posted as a government officer. As a widow it's his pension that I am getting to run myself.

Government subsidizes college education in some countries , yet students who study in top colleges are victims of government resume robbery and the government agencies are also robbing the retirement savings of professionals without a court order.

Government subsidizes college education in some countries , yet students who study in top colleges are victims of government resume robbery and the government agencies are also robbing the retirement savings of professionals without a court order.
That's right. Government subsidies for higher education is still quite high that the middle class and poor can't afford.

I had parents who took my going to school as a passion that they had to fulfil. And they desperately pursued it and sponsored me through school. Even if I want to go for a higher program now, my parents would still sponsor me. But I am done with education for good.

The challenge is that I don't know if I would send my kids to college. It all seems like a waste now. I would just push them to learn skills that would make them relevant in the present and the future.

The challenge is that I don't know if I would send my kids to college. It all seems like a waste now. I would just push them to learn skills that would make them relevant in the present and the future.
Your kids might feel insecure and inferior. Ask them on what they want for their future. It's they to decide and to support.

12,094Threads
93,218Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member