• We are deeply saddened by the tragic events at Donald Trump's rally today. Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Would you take a less enjoyable job for a higher wage?

Joshua Farrell

Administrator (Profit Partner)
Staff member
Profit Partner
Gold Supporter
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵48.784825
Referral Credit
CryptoCrest of Prosperity NFT [Ultra Rare]

I would probably do so, but I usually like to figure out the pros and cons before taking such a position. I wouldn't like to take a job where I am hated for the position, but got paid well. I would rather take a job where I got a nice financial increase in my hourly, if it meant that I could better help with the end goals of the business I work for.

No thank you, in fact I am not open to taking a job at all if it means obligating myself to show up for a specific duty at a specific place and time. The only work I am interested in is directed toward passive income that will continue after my demise in a few more years.

Let's be honest, with this current economy, its better to find a job that pays well. If i am in a position to choose, as long as the job is something i can handle and cope with, i do not think i would mind if it is something i don't like or not. I would simply work there to be able to gather some extra cash then maybe with time i can go into something else.

My former family, cause their specific local culture, taught me it's a must to take whatever kind of job when it's an honest one, better if we can count on a higher salary. Totally regardless if the job is enjoyable (little, a lot or nothing at all). Totally regardless about the meaning of enjoyable and regardless about toxic environments. Growing up, I began to strongly disagree. I can accept a less enjoyable job due to high unemployment rate, but not under whatever condition. I won't accept a toxic environment only for a higher salary. But I understand my former family: they lived the Second World War and the post war period, so they were prone to suffer even a constant mobbing, bossing and lack of safety in the workplace.

I would probably do so, but I usually like to figure out the pros and cons before taking such a position. I wouldn't like to take a job where I am hated for the position, but got paid well. I would rather take a job where I got a nice financial increase in my hourly, if it meant that I could better help with the end goals of the business I work for.
I am enjoying my job at the moment. This is the job that most people in my workplace wouldn't like to have. I also didn't aim for this position when I joined the organisation. I didn't enjoy the job during the first few months because the people who were ahead of me in the department do not like me to be their head. Now those people are gone and. now I am enjoying it, I am enjoying the perks and enjoying all the troubles and arguing with the elected crocodiles.In other words I must eat stress and devour it. Lol

I will because of the lack of employment here in India. Whatever opportunity I get I try to grab it. The present job I have been on to is not worth but I am still hanging on to it from so many years because they pay well
Just stay where you are. As long as you are being paid that's all that matters for now. As long as we love what we are doing.

Just stay where you are. As long as you are being paid that's all that matters for now. As long as we love what we are doing.

That's what I feel but sometimes when I am stressed I think of leaving the job but I cannot when I think of the responsibilities I have on me.

With the inflation problems we are facing this time many opt to choose a job that is difficult but salary higher than the easy job full of relaxing time but a salary below the poverty line.,

Last edited:
That's what I feel but sometimes when I am stressed I think of leaving the job but I cannot when I think of the responsibilities I have on me.
That is true. Most of the time we need to think first before making decisions. We have lots of responsibilities that we need to take care. So resigning or moving to another job is not the very solution. But it depends, if we have new offers from another company while employed, we can go for it.

With the inflation problems we are facing this time many opt to choose a job that is difficult but salary higher than the easy job full of relaxing time but a salary below the poverty line.,

There are many people who are choosing a high-paying job, even though they may never like it. They tend to choose such kind of jobs because they may think that they need to deal with expenses and a low-paying job would not be an option for them. This is becoming a very common problem.

It depends on the situation you are in. If I am facing a financial crunch or crisis I would gladly accept a less enjoyable job for a higher wage but not if I don't need that much of money. Money is always useful but peace of mind is also essential.

It depends on the situation you are in. If I am facing a financial crunch or crisis I would gladly accept a less enjoyable job for a higher wage but not if I don't need that much of money. Money is always useful but peace of mind is also essential.

I would never opt for a high-paying job if I never enjoy it. I am a writer myself and as a writer, I can find high-paying jobs. Even if a person is an ESL writer, they can still find many different kinds of jobs. So, this is why I may never opt for a high-paying job I hate in the first place.

I will only do it if I have no other choice. If I had a choice, I would choose a job that I like, even though the salary is not very high, the important thing is that it is sufficient for living needs. Self-satisfaction is the most important thing for me.

I will only do it if I have no other choice. If I had a choice, I would choose a job that I like, even though the salary is not very high, the important thing is that it is sufficient for living needs. Self-satisfaction is the most important thing for me.
It is also important to have a work life balance. All work and no play makes one dumb

It depends on a lot of factors for example what is my current salary if I'm good and can afford a lot of things I need then I won't but if I struggle to buy something like food a car then yes

Well, I may never do that. Having said that, I think that there is always a potential for improvement when you select a specific field. You can find a job you like if you are truly dedicated. However, this depends specifically a lot on the kind of skill you possess and the demand of skill. Regardless of this, I think that it is completely understandable to opt for a job you dislike, just because you may need to deal with financial issues.

10,471Threads
84,016Messages
269Members
Revolved101Latest member
Back